Friday, December 17, 2010

Black Friday

It was cold and dark as I crawled out from underneath the warm covers at 4:00am. I was going to give this Black Friday shopping thing a try, and already I was regretting it merely because of the hour it required me to awake.

For many years I had heard tales of people getting trampled, losing fingers, even dying when they ventured out to save big on the latest appliances, toys, etc. So naturally, I was nervous about what I was going to see at the Wal-Mart in the little town they call Kennett.

My only sliver of reconciliation is that we were going to be in the company of my sister-in-law. She doesn't take crap from anyone so I was fully prepared to stay by her side the whole time. I slowly got dressed and Jordan some how managed to get me into the car. We arrive at a half full parking lot 15 minuets later and I feel my heard start to race.

We walked into the store and I was preparing myself for a scene of blood and flying limbs, mothers cussing out employees and children crying. Basically I was waiting to see anarchy at it's greatest.

Was I so pleasantly surprised when we walked in the Wal-Mart and merely received a ticket for the item we wanted and waited in line. People were greeting each other and exchanging stories about how Little Johnny and Little Susie are just dying to have the New Whatchamacallit. It was wonderful. Jordan and I got everything we had on our list (and some more) all while I kept all 10 of my much needed fingers.

All of us left with our goodies and hit the McD's drive through from some sweet tea and coffee. When we got back to my in-law's house, little Shadow was greeting us with smiles. Overall, it was a fun and happy morning. The afternoon, however, brought out my "sleepy grumpies". But I suppose that was worth it considering I can now watch Harry Potter in HD! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?