Sunday, January 12, 2014

And the Oscar goes too....

January and February may be my least favorite months. Ever.  The Christmas decorations are down, its brutally cold, and I no longer have an excuse to gorge myself on cookies, candies, and chocolates.  However, these months do have a silver lining and I have Hollywood to thank.  This is the awards season for films and TV and the Golden Globes are tonight!!  Followed by Critics Choice, SAG Awards, and the Oscars. These white, bare months will be flooded with colorful gowns, glistening jewelry, sophisticated suites and ties, and beautiful hair as they adorn the red carpet. Oh, the fashion!  It has become an art of its own.


Jordan and I have identified ourselves as cinephiles (people with a passionate interest in cinema, film theory, and film criticism),and we are not ashamed of it.   We enjoy watching movies, but what I enjoy even more are our discussions after the movie. "Wasn't his acting fantastic? I didn't even see Heath Ledger in the character!" "Didn't the director capture those moments of pure cinema with the perfect blend of cinematography and musical score?"   "Leave it to Woody Allen to write a truly original script!"  You get the picture.  The past couple of years I have made Jordan and I write down our predictions for the awards, and the person that has the most wins gets a prize.  It may be silly, but it makes me feel like I am a part of the Hollywood Foreign  Press Association for just a night!  Ok, yes it's silly. Whatev.

Christmas 2009
But what I'm really trying to get at in this post is I have decided to hand out my own award.  After careful consideration, it is clear that this man stands in a category all his own.  The award for Best Husband in a Supporting Role goes to Jordan Smith for his part in, let's see, My Life!  His commitment to this role can not be overlooked. He has the ability to combine being a hands on dad, making his family feel safe and taken care of, providing spiritual guidance and working a full time job look easy. His anything but timid character and delightful sense of humor simply blows the competition out of the water.  Not to mention his chemistry with Amanda Smith is so convincing and sweet, they must be a couple in real life ;)

My boys


Summer 2010












In all seriousness, Jordan and I make a good team.  I am blessed to have such a supportive husband that provides balance and security.  He is a wonderful dad to Shadow and makes me want to be a better wife.  So, while Hollywood is busy awarding people for convincing us they are someone entirely different, Jordan just is who he is.  No acting. Just real. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amanda....thank you for that tribute to Jordan! As his crazy, mushy aunt, I've always considered him to be one of the best human beings anywhere!! Jordan is so blessed to have you as his wife as you share so many interests and relish in new adventures together! The award for a Happy Marriage.....and the envelope please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading your Blog Amanda, but this time I especially enjoyed such a nice tribute to Jordan. Of course I am prejudiced because I think he is pretty special but to see my daughter-in-law express this makes a mom so proud. He does love his family so much and is blessed to have such a loving wife and precious son. May God continue to bless you guys as a family.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?