Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And we begin...

How many times do we ask ourselves the question "Where do I start?" Julie Andrews answers it best in The Sound of Music. "Lets start at the beginning, a very good place to start." So when I thought about what I would write about to begin my blog, I immediately thought of Murray.
For those of you not from the Western Kentucky region, you will find Murray nestled nearly in the Western most part of the state. It's only about 20 minutes from the beautiful Land Between the Lakes region. It is here that I call home. Of course, I will always consider myself a Kansan at heart.
Murray is a welcoming community of about 16,000 people. A charming mini-metropolis of churches, restaurants, businesses, the most hospitable people you will ever meet, and home of Murray State University.
Murray State University is what brought me to Murray in the first place. I decided to attend Murray because it truly is the perfect balance between the big and the small. It was a small enough to make my education personal, and big enough to offer me numerous option to learn, get involved, and meet a lot people. Yet, it wasn't so big to where I was distracted from the main reason I was there, which was to graduate of course.


And graduate I did. I took 5 years (changing majors will do that) and wound up getting hired to work as an Admission Counselor in the Office of Recruitment. Wonderful! I would get to recruit for my Alma Mater and stay in a town that I had grown to love. Life was good! And it was here, in Murray KY, at Murray State, in the Office of Recruitment, that I began to get to know my co-workers. One I would get to know extremely well. Indeed, Murray would be very good place to start!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Do a better job keeping up with it than I do mine...ha!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?