Thursday, July 15, 2010

It was like shooting a sitting duck

Dating a co-worker isn't easy. At least it wasn't for me, in the beginning anyway. But it would be one of the best decisions I had made. A Broadway production of Mamma Mia came to Paducah and Jordan asked me if I would be interested in going. I jumped on it because I love musicals, I did happen to be free that night, and Jordan was asking other co workers if they would like to join. Excellent, a group outing. But, it ended up being just myself and Jordan going to the show. A date in Jordan's eyes, a night out with a friend in mine.

Regardless of what I thought, it was a date from the start. We had a great time and as the night progressed my mind was going crazy analyzing mine and his every move, every word said, every look. After all, I am a girl. I wanted to let myself get swept up in my emotions and the moment, but I also wanted to think about things logically. The cynic in me would keep saying, "just a night out with a buddy, no worries." But deep down, I knew this was something more. Jordan and I had made a connection long before we went to see the show and frankly, it was only a matter of time until our friendship would evolve. As cliche as it sounds, we were meant for each other, and there wasn't any getting around it.

After the show I was dead set on going back to Murray and calling it a night, but Jordan had other plans. After a very convincing speech in a booth at a Steak and Shake, we started dating. This was hard for me because I wanted so badly to remain completely professional at work. Jordan and I always had a good working relationship and a great friendship. What if things don't work out? What if one of us gets hurt yet we still have to face the other at work? What if our bosses find out!! What if, What if, What if. I was freaking out. (Which seems so silly now). There were a lot of factors to consider. But as the days went on, I began to see that this was going to be completely worth it. This was wonderfully different and was definitely worth a try.

Eventually our office did find out (it's hard to keep stuff from them anyway! love you all.) and there was nothing left to hide. And I think most of them would tell you they knew all along.
And so I found myself dating my co-worker, something I never thought would happen. But oh how happy I am that it did! Many thanks to Mamma Mia and Steak and Shake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?